Review: Young Miniatures Celtic Warriors 1st C.BC


So this is an interesting piece that I picked up after Monte San Savino. I saw it painted up in the Masters Historical Painting category, and fell for it immediately! Was immediately to Facebook to ask for assistance to find out where to pick it up, and also to know where it was from!


I have to say that the packaging of this piece is amazingly high. Heavy cardstock here with sandwich styled foam covering the miniature pieces.


As for the pieces, the resin is an odd color here though. And there are quite a few excess flash sections here. I cannot say I am impressed with the vent sitting on the back of the guys hair. The rest should be easy to remove and smooth over however.

It is curious to see that it comes with a pedastool for it to sit on. not the most cleanest casting of it, but it will help with regards to putting it on the socket.






Some close ups of the pieces themselves. There will be a need to do some clean up on these. Some will require some sanding to get a nice smooth finish on them. I think the prep on this one will take me a bit of time, but something that I need to invest in if I want it to turn out great though.

What I can say though is that the details on it are great. And the fur especially is one that will be a lot of fun to work on ( I say sarcastically! ). Will be interesting to see how it unfolds when I get my brush to it!

Hope you liked this little review..

Comments

  1. Really enjoy these little reviews...mainly because I am not aware of many of these products existing, being mainly a game style mini painter. These look like great avenues to expand upon when my painting skills improve :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i thought that too. I'm gonna leave gaming and focus on painting and that will cut down on all the minis around here... that was not a good move. More. minis. than. EVER. ~sigh~

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear that you guys like these reviews. And I hear what your saying Zab.. since going and painting more showcase and less tabletop my miniatures pile has grown! Might have to reverse this thinking in 2016 as 2015 has plans already in motion ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this Mr. Lee. I was eyeing the Templar Knight model they have and was worried about the casting quality. I see now that aside from the vents the cast is superb. Will definitely consider them in the future as a vendor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice casting and sharp details. Just the vents don't make me happy with this piece. And I am still curious about this resin.. but let's see how it goes when I get around to painting it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts